Air Developments
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Air Developments

Motorcycle Development

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

yamaha R6

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
vwgolfy

vwgolfy

Number of posts : 6
Motorcycle: : CBR 1000 Blade '05 Stock standard
R6 '00 Stock standard
Registration date : 2008-09-18

yamaha R6 Empty
PostSubject: yamaha R6   yamaha R6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 11:35 am

Hi Guys

I have a 2000 model Yamaha R6 which seems to be very sluggish. i wanted to know who could help tell me what exactly i ned to look at in order to sort this out because not only is it sluggish but it takes a while to actually take to startup when i first try starting and i dont think the battery charges properly.

i was thinking it could be the regulator but then that dont stop the slugishness or the delayed response after opening the throttle. so maybe it could be the carburettor which needs to be serviced and balanced. maybe just a service could sort this problem out. Any advice guys?

Cheers
Tariq
Back to top Go down
ghostrider

ghostrider

Number of posts : 84
Motorcycle: : GSXR1000 K6 Rizla
Arata exhaust
powercommander
quickshifter
derestrictor
Registration date : 2008-09-01

yamaha R6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: yamaha R6   yamaha R6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 1:11 pm

Hi. PrivateMessage Akes. Im sure he'll be able to sort it out for u quick quick...
Back to top Go down
Yoshimurapoes

Number of posts : 45
Motorcycle: : Motomia Cappuccino 125 With NOS on the side. . .
Registration date : 2008-09-04

yamaha R6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: yamaha R6   yamaha R6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 8:32 pm

lol! lol! lol! Akes and bike carbs? lol! lol! lol!
You funny Ghostrider. . .Stand-up comedian your night time job Question
Look vwgolfy you are most probably going to need a service kit. Dynojet sells a kit for your bike as I have installed many. But that might not solve all your carb problems as those bike were good std but as soon as you fit aftermarket exhausts the k@k starts. So, you might need a jetting kit as well! Both kits will set you back about R900 to R1200 each. That excludes fitting which is an even k@kker job than painting your house roof in winter! scratch Things will go a lot smoother if a bike shop with a propper Dynojet dyno can do the job for you! bom Ask Akes, he knows! Hey Akes? jocolor lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
akes

akes

Number of posts : 1043
Motorcycle: : CBR1000RR 05 JE PISTONS,HRC CAMS,FULL ARATA,PC111,175HP,118NM,STRONGEST BLADE IN CAPE TOWN, 1998 BLACKBIRD,FULL AKRO SYSTEM,JET KIT,K&N FILTER,NEVER ON DYNO BUT K@K STRONG
Registration date : 2008-08-28

yamaha R6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: yamaha R6   yamaha R6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 8:54 pm

yoshi is spot on,settin it up on a dyno is the best
Back to top Go down
ghostrider

ghostrider

Arata exhaust
powercommander
quickshifter
derestrictor

yamaha R6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: yamaha R6   yamaha R6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 12:57 am

Yoshimurapoes wrote:
Look vwgolfy you are most probably going to need a service kit. Dynojet sells a kit for your bike as I have installed many. But that might not solve all your carb problems as those bike were good std but as soon as you fit aftermarket exhausts the k@k starts. So, you might need a jetting kit as well! Both kits will set you back about R900 to R1200 each. That excludes fitting which is an even k@kker job than painting your house roof in winter! scratch Things will go a lot smoother if a bike shop with a propper Dynojet dyno can do the job for you! bom Ask Akes, he knows! Hey Akes? jocolor lol! lol!

Dyno to fit carb kit Question Question hahahahahaha!!!
Biggest load of shait ive ever heard, nothing to set if u fit carb kit... u get jets, u fit, u sincronize(no dyno required), u go. timing & fueling cant be set so what do u wanna set on dyno Question
& u probably dont need n carb kit either...
PM me & i'll sort it out 4 u Exclamation
Back to top Go down
akes

akes

Motorcycle: : CBR1000RR 05 JE PISTONS,HRC CAMS,FULL ARATA,PC111,175HP,118NM,STRONGEST BLADE IN CAPE TOWN, 1998 BLACKBIRD,FULL AKRO SYSTEM,JET KIT,K&N FILTER,NEVER ON DYNO BUT K@K STRONG

yamaha R6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: yamaha R6   yamaha R6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 8:13 am

ghostrider wrote:
Yoshimurapoes wrote:

Dyno to fit carb kit Question Question hahahahahaha!!!
Biggest load of shait ive ever heard, nothing to set if u fit carb kit... u get jets, u fit, u sincronize(no dyno required), u go. timing & fueling cant be set so what do u wanna set on dyno Question
& u probably dont need n carb kit either...
PM me & i'll sort it out 4 u Exclamation
OFF SIDE RED CARD!!!!!!!!ghosy,if u change jets,how do u know if its not too rich or lean and what do u mean u cant set fuelin on a carburetor,ghosy i think u just went in too deep with this 1!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
ghostrider

ghostrider

Arata exhaust
powercommander
quickshifter
derestrictor

yamaha R6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: yamaha R6   yamaha R6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 9:35 am

u phn dynojet, tel them u got a 2000 R6 with a end can... they send u a kit, only 1 set of each jets. so u gotta put in what u get, u dnt get for ex 5 dif size mainjets. in other words al that u can set is the adjustable needles, 5 dif settings available but theyre so far apart, the bike wil only run on 1 of those settings, thus no dyno required... CO screws are easy to set, and theyre only for the idling system in any case.

Personaly i think for carb bikes u dony really need a dyno.
Back to top Go down
akes

akes

yamaha R6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: yamaha R6   yamaha R6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 2:16 pm

ghostrider wrote:
u phn dynojet, tel them u got a 2000 R6 with a end can... they send u a kit, only 1 set of each jets. so u gotta put in what u get, u dnt get for ex 5 dif size mainjets. in other words al that u can set is the adjustable needles, 5 dif settings available but theyre so far apart, the bike wil only run on 1 of those settings, thus no dyno required... CO screws are easy to set, and theyre only for the idling system in any case.

Personaly i think for carb bikes u dony really need a dyno.
i bet u that sh!t about ph dynojet,thats total k@k,do u think they gonna have a kit 4 every diff application 4 every carb bike?do u think they gonna want 2 deal with every tom dick and harry over the ph,pls man be real,could sum 1 pls help me out here
Back to top Go down
akes

akes

yamaha R6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: yamaha R6   yamaha R6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 3:34 pm

STIG wrote:
repost ur message STIG,sumtin just went wonky!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
ghostrider

ghostrider

Arata exhaust
powercommander
quickshifter
derestrictor

yamaha R6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: yamaha R6   yamaha R6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 11:41 pm

Check out dynojets website, u wil see any tom dick & harry can buy it online & the 2000 R6 kit comes with only 2 sets of mainjets & not 5 Sets as previously posted by stig Laughing
Back to top Go down
franki

franki

Number of posts : 23
Motorcycle: : TBC

yamaha R6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: yamaha R6   yamaha R6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 1:54 pm

JUT BRING THE BIKE 2 ME .... I'VE GOT LOADS OF JETS , SUM NEEDLES AND YEARS OF RACEBIKE CARBURATION SETUP FILES. I'M MORE THAN ABLE TO TRY AND HELP WITH YOUR PROBLEM. FRANCOIS 0217068388
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

yamaha R6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: yamaha R6   yamaha R6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

yamaha R6
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Air Developments :: Technical :: Yamaha-
Jump to: